1. School Shootings This Year: How Many and Where. Education Week. https://www.edweek.org/leadership/school-shootings-this-year-how-many-and-where/2022/01. Published 2022. Accessed June 2, 2022.
2. Terry L. Mass shootings elsewhere can cause anxiety, regression in children in Oregon. Herald and News. https://www.heraldandnews.com/klamath/mass-shootings-elsewhere-can-cause-anxiety-regression-in-children-in-oregon/article_88b3ea43-b597-5cab-9f26-dc6d4fac3c87.html. Published 2022. Accessed June 2, 2022.
3. Hajela D, Morrison A, Farrington B. Buffalo shooting latest example of targeted racial violence. AP NEWS. https://apnews.com/article/buffalo-shooting-targeted-racial-violence-ad45b4c56e74a4ec606c0a7e44694a19. Published 2022. Accessed June 2, 2022.
4. Taxin A, Bharath D. Authorities say hate against Taiwanese people led to California church attack. PBS NewsHour. https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/nation/authorities-say-hate-against-taiwanese-people-led-to-california-church-attack. Published 2022. Accessed June 2, 2022.
5. Understanding the Impact of Trauma. Center for Substance Abuse Treatment. 2022;57.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK207191/. Accessed June 2, 2022.
6. Fagan C. Another School Shooting: How Parents Can Help Kids Cope. Psycom.net – Mental Health Treatment Resource Since 1996. https://www.psycom.net/trauma/school-shooting-survivor-trauma. Published 2022. Accessed June 2, 2022.
7. Schock K, Böttche M, Rosner R, Wenk-Ansohn M, Knaevelsrud C. Impact of new traumatic or stressful life events on pre-existing PTSD in traumatized refugees: results of a longitudinal study. Eur J Psychotraumatol. 2016;7(1):32106. doi:10.3402/ejpt.v7.32106. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.3402/ejpt.v7.32106. Accessed June 2, 2022.
8. Omasu F, Hotta Y, Watanabe M, Yoshioka T. The Relationship between Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Self-Esteem along with the Importance of Support for Children. Open J Prev Med. 2018;8:95-101. https://www.scirp.org/Journal/PaperInformation.aspx?PaperID=83584. Accessed June 2, 2022.
9. Huh H, Kim S, Yu J, Chae J. Childhood trauma and adult interpersonal relationship problems in patients with depression and anxiety disorders. Ann Gen Psychiatry. 2014;13(1). doi:10.1186/s12991-014-0026-y. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4304140/. Accessed June 2, 2022.
10. Chen R, Peng K, Liu J et al. Interpersonal Trauma and Risk of Depression Among Adolescents: The Mediating and Moderating Effect of Interpersonal Relationship and Physical Exercise. Front Psychiatry. 2020;11. doi:10.3389/fpsyt.2020.00194. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyt.2020.00194/full. Accessed June 2, 2022.