Dr. Ashley Grinonneau-Denton is the founder and co-owner of Ohio Center for Relationship and Sexual Health in Cleveland, Ohio. She has a doctorate in marriage and family therapy and is a certified sex therapist.
In this podcast, Dr. Ashley talks about:
- Being one of only 16 people certified in sex therapy in Ohio
- The social and cultural aspects of Valentine’s Day
- Not marginalizing sexual background of clients
- Creating a sex positive environment
- Behaviors involved with couples and their sexual health
- Looking at all sides of an issue to see the client’s whole self
- Her soapbox about labels
- Getting to a healthy sexual life
- How the intimacy conversation is changing with each new generation
- The form and function in music and pop culture
- Conducting virtual consultations (even before the pandemic)
- Seeing co-occurring behaviors in clients that are making it harder for them to change
Click here to find all of SMART Recovery’s podcasts
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE YOU COMMENT:
SMART Recovery welcomes comments on our blog posts—we enjoy hearing from you! In the interest of maintaining a respectful and safe community atmosphere, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines when making or responding to others’ comments, regardless of your point of view. Thank you.
- Be kind in tone and intent.
- Be respectful in how you respond to opinions that are different than your own.
- Be brief and limit your comment to a maximum of 500 words.
- Be careful not to mention specific drug names.
- Be succinct in your descriptions, graphic details are not necessary.
- Be focused on the content of the blog post itself.
If you are interested in addiction recovery support, we encourage you to visit the SMART Recovery website.
If you or someone you love is in great distress and considering self-harm, please call 911 for immediate help, or reach out to The National Suicide Prevention Hotline @ 800-273-8255, https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
We look forward to you joining the conversation!
*SMART Recovery reserves the right to not publish comments we consider outside our guidelines.*